Bellagio Hotel, Las Vegas, NV
This multispecialty symposium encompasses state-of-the-art practices on how to keep the PDA open and how to close the PDA in newborns. Special focus will be on transcatheter PDA Closure in extremely low birth weight, premature infants. The program will feature in-depth multispecialty panel discussions, review of the literature in multiple subspecialties, hands-on echocardiogram and catheter workshops, and expert lectures.
Due Date TBA
Accepted abstracts will be published in the official journal for the International PDA Symposium.
Group ID Code:
Starting at $249/night
A New Therapy for the PDA
The FDA has finally approved a transcatheter PDA closure procedure for extremely low birth weight (ELBW) infants. This new therapy has the potential to be better than medical or surgical PDA closure in ELBW infants. This poses a new horizon on how we manage these infants. This is our chance to come together as a community and provide a unified solution to this disease.
Day 1 Highlights
- TnECHO Workshop (Simulation and real patients with PDA)
- Neonatal cardiac emergencies workshop
- Imaging workshop for procedural guidance
- Transcatheter PDA closure simulation workshop
- Cardiac morphology workshop with real heart specimens
Day 2 Highlights
- Results of the US IDE Trial for the ADO-II AS
- Results of the PDA-TOLERATE Trial
- All you need to know about PDA, BPD and PHT
- All you need to know about transcatheter PDA Closure on ELBW infants
- All you need to know about ductal stenting techniques
- Cardiac dissection workshop
Day 3 Highlights
- Live case of transcatheter PDA closure in an ELBW infant
- Panel discussion
- Joint statement from the 2nd International PDA Symposium
Accreditation and CME/CNE
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing education for physicians.
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Tennessee Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare designates this live activity for a maximum of 17.25 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit. ™ Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
Pre-Conference Workshops on Wednesday, April 10, 2019:
Interventional Track 5.5 hrs (AM: 3 hrs + PM: 2.5 hrs)
Neonatology Track 6.25 hrs (AM: 3.25 hrs + PM: 3 hrs)
Imaging Track 5.75 hrs (AM: 3.25 hrs + PM: 2.5 hrs)
Nursing Track 7 hrs (AM: 4 hrs + PM: 3 hrs)
Main Conference on Thursday, April 11, 2019 & Friday, April 12, 2019: 11 hours
Total Hours (if attending workshops AND main conference):
Interventional Track 16.5 hours
Neonatology Track 17.25 hours
Imaging Track 16.75 hours
Nursing Track 18 hours